Spiga

Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled

On of the annoying error message while trying to debug my ASP.NET application.

The fact, I just did a clean install my machine (winxp) and manually create virtual directory from IIS and epected it just work, but no I need to perform a few additional step to make thing work.

Enable Integrated Windows Authentication on the local IIS

  1. Open IIS Manager (Internbet Information Services)
  2. Right-click the web site (in case you run it locally you only have Default web site) and pick Properties
  3. Choose "Directory Security" tab and click Edit on "Anonymous access and authentication control"
  4. In the opening window, uncheck "Allow Anonymous access" and check "Integrated Windows Authentication" (allowing anonymous can make that you don't have enough permissions to debug)
Hope I don't forget it again ;)