Spiga

Running Getsy Gibbon

After return from mission at the province. First thing I did was grab the Ubuntu 7.10 "Getsy Gibbon" it took me about 6 hrs to finish downloading.

I already talk about this release in the past but to be more specific in this release i am tracking the improvement of restrict driver support:

  1. ATI X1400 - work very well although the Restricted Driver Manager allow me to download and install the proprietary driver but the version is lower than recent driver ati-driver-installer-8.41.7-x86.x86_64.run
  2. Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) - well I still have to figure out how to enable sound
issuing command
>sudo apt-get install ttf-khmeros
download and install the package version 4.02 impressive ;)

សប្បាយ​ចិត្ត​ណាស់​ដែល​ទី​បំផុត ខ្ញុំក៏​អាច​រក​ឃើញ Linux ដ៏​ល្ធ​មួយ​សំរាប់​ប្រើ ។